The Viral Guard Pro anti-viral face mask is designed with multiple layers and features to provide protection against viruses and microbes. Here’s a breakdown of its key features:
Design and Layers:
- The mask is double-layered with two types of fabrics and a filtration pocket.
- The inner layer is made from an antimicrobial fabric that has been lab-tested to kill microbes with a 99.9% success rate.
- The outer layer is made from an anti-viral fabric containing a solution of Silver, Copper, and Zinc Ions. This fabric has been tested to destroy 99% of the human Coronavirus 229E in 2 hours and 99% of H5N1 avian influenza in 10 minutes.
- The outer layer is also treated with a DWR (durable water-repellant) finish to provide protection against moisture.
Protection and Testing:
- The anti-viral fabric’s solution is similar to that used in medical-grade N95 surgical masks.
- It has demonstrated a 99.99% viral inactivation against various viruses, including H1N1, H3N2, H2N2, Avian Influenza A (H5N1), Avian Influenza A (H9N2), Swine Influenza, Equine Influenza (H3N8), and Influenza B.
- The antimicrobial fabric has been tested to show a 99.9% reduction in microbial Staphylococcus Aureus and Klebsiella Pneumonia.
- The mask’s performance attributes include water repellency, stain resistance, and a double-layer design with an inner pocket for temporary filter inserts.
Reusable and Washable:
- The masks are reusable and machine washable.
- The anti-viral substrate is tested to maintain its efficacy for up to 100 washes.
- The antimicrobial fabric can maintain its efficacy for up to 25 washes.
Material and Comfort:
- The fabric is a soft, high-performance microfiber originally developed for the sports industry.
- The mask is designed for comfort and fits snugly.
- The straps go behind the back of the head and are adjustable to fit most sizes.
- While the Viral Guard Pro mask offers improved safety features and protection, it is not a replacement for professional-grade N95 or N99 masks or face shields.
- Individuals working in high-risk environments, such as healthcare, should consider using professional-grade equipment.
It’s important to note that the mask’s effectiveness against COVID-19 is still being tested, but it has demonstrated efficacy against other viruses. As always, individuals should follow the guidelines of healthcare authorities and consult with professionals when making decisions about protective equipment.